BumpyWaters chief blogger/film critic, Jake Ricks, goes to the fishing movies and comes back wanting. Wanting less cliche, that is, and a return to flyfishing filmmaking’s halcyon days… when a guy named Smethurst roamed the beaches in search of roosters.
Words to film by, via: “TOP 16 PHRASES YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY EDIT OUT OF YOUR EPIC FLY FISHING FILM”…
1) It’s a way of life. Seriously? This phrase is as tired as a Green River boat-ramp brown that has just been caught for the 6th time that day.
2) Inevitably… Knock it off. It’s evitable. Just don’t go to the fifth least traveled region on earth without a plan.
3) Fly fishing is a religion. Shut up. If you’re slinging 2-hooked hairy streamers with 8 weights, shotgunning PBRs, and bathing irregularly, this is just disrespectful, even to Scientology.
4) It’s all about the thrill of the chase. Yawn.
5) It was epic. Oh yeah? Did Odysseus show up and defeat a Cyclops?
6) This place is special. No duh, it’s earth, the best damn planet in the whole world.
7) Yeah baby!!! I hate you.