kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By Robert Biggar
I am trying to figure out if there is a market for Woven Hair flies. they have been a staple in our family for years and years but it has been a while since these were sold...so many people don't know anything about them. The three patterns I use are the "Lady Mite", The Papa(mr.) Mite, and the Sandy Mite.
It's a very old pattern that I have used in Montana, California, Oregon, and Illinois with good success.
Attachments:
SandyMite_12.jpg
The Sandy Mite
SandyMite_12.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
MrMite.jpg
Mr. Mite or Papa Mite
MrMite.jpg (32.1 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
LadyMite.jpg
The Lady Mite
LadyMite.jpg (26.73 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
By Robert Biggar
I started tying these when I was 14 and my father's collection of them had dwindled to a few.
My favorite fly was always "Joes Hopper" but my father stuck with the Lady Mite...and occasionally, the Sandy Mite and Papa Mite. My father was from Denver Colorado and fished for Browns on the Platte and in the mountains. when my parents and siblings moved to Montana's Flathead Valley in 1958 he fished all over the region and was always successful...I was "skunked" many times by him and his "lady Mite"...It was almost a foregone conclusion that I would be the "fish-cleaner" at the end of the day when we went out .
My experiences with the fly began in the Swan Valley and the deep, cold creeks running down the swan range to find their way into the Swan River. I was also a common sight at the "mouth" of the Swan in Bigfork, Mt. (my home town) The turns of the river above the powerhouse are my old stomping grounds and one of the enduring memories of my father is him with his hat brim turned up, a set concentration on his face and his flyline, catching the light as the smooth arc of his cast stretched out behind him against the backdrop of the calmed whitewater and yellowing cottonwoods of the lower Swan.
I hope everyone gets to have a memory like that.
b
By LA Fly Guy
What kind of hair do you use on your flies. I'm kinda partial to polar bear, spotted leopard, and tiger for their movement and density.
By CC Riebeeck
I don't tarry with "mere mites"

Mine are "mighty"
...BTW fly fishing is for gheys

719679.jpg
719679.jpg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

cc the Hinge
By 421sd
Didn't somebody tie some pussy hair flys on here once? Redheads are always a win.

Pro tip: Don't try to substitute ball sack hair.
By stillsteamin
The flathead valley in 1958... now there's something nice to think about on a Monday
By fallen513
The fuck is wrong with you Bob Biggot?
Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Roza’s Black Muddler https://live.stat[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

July 30, 2020 #31? $101/7 = $14.43 (TN License[…]

One of those bands listened to off and on over the[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine