This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
It's all frame of reference. Society's memory is only ever as long as its old folks and often much shorter than that. My grandpa used to say after you've been shot at nothing else seems like as big of a deal. And even he got "over it," as much as I imagine anyone could. Never would buy a German car though. We should feel lucky that as modern white people, natural causes are about all we have to worry about anymore. Maybe that's what's scaring people so bad, we've gone to work in our little first world nest, sanding down and padding all of life's sharp corners, only to come to this now and realize you can't make everything safe and ok all the time no matter how hard you try or how loud you yell. I think it's reminded people that this thing isn't all just netflix and fried chicken, we're all going to get sick and die someday. That's a bugger for a lot of folks, especially the ones who've done fuck all with their lives. Bottom line - we'll be fine*.

*spiritually, and medically. Financially, :vomit
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

The more things change, the more things stay the same.
you know all that wonga we owe the chinese.
I reckon we call it quits. or let's fucking boogaloo.

we'll send in japan, hey.
gokus, grab your shovels.

confession: I don't actually know what a goku is but I know for certain I cannot trust it. even with someone else's dog.

in all honesty this is the first time I have feared for my girls.
I don't like and I sure as fuck do not deserve it.
some people should have to pay for this.

by the by, how's your opinion on borders now? you pacific cuddling cunts.

:gun :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid
Back when, I was our LEO liaison to the Office of Emergency Management for the State of CA. We did quite a bit of planning for major incident response and modeled scenarios for everything from major forest fires and earthquakes, to terrorist attacks and Rodney King style rioting. We even had pandemic planning.

What has astonished me (and models generally didn’t predict it going down like this) is the speed in which markets have crashed, and economies have grinded to a halt. That usually happens later down the line as supply chains interrupt and first responders/infrastructure workers go off line.

So, Shawn, I’m with you. This event has me spooked because it speaks to some type of non-organic manipulation. Physically, there will be fairly quick recovery. But, financially and geopolitically, it’s going to be a new map being drawn.

On the bright side, green house emissions and pollution are way down.

Disgruntled thin mint it is.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Europa 12 Harklan https://live.staticflickr.[…]

you're keeping the fire stoked. And a few oth[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

4/8/20 #17 18:49 that’s a strange amount[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine